- Networking/Social events and professional development workshops.
- The right to vote on association matters (1 vote per business)
- Access to annual market research report performed by the WPACO (See Market Research section)
- A full page listing on Bend Bridal Guide (bendbridalguide.com)
- The opportunity to feature your work on Bend Bridal Guide. Members are given preference for Bend Bridal Guide submissions (One member must be involved in the project in order to post to the blog).
- Members can submit “contributor articles” to Bend Bridal Guide (see Web Policies: Blog Submissions)
- The opportunity to run for Board of Directors positions each year (See Board of Director Position Descriptions)
- Opportunity for evaluation of your work from peers: A community of like-minded professionals to learn from as well as create and share new projects with.
- Rights to display the WPACO member logo on your website
Get started by visiting our Join WPACO page now!
The mission of the Wedding Professionals Association of Central Oregon (WPACO) is to foster a collaborative culture for its members, provide a forum for WPACO members to develop their business through education and development opportunities and to provide a platform for excellent work by our members to be recognized by their peers.
Additionally, WPACO will promote Central Oregon as a premier wedding location for both local and destination couples.
Member Code of Ethics
All WPACO members must be aligned with our Code of Ethics. Poor service negatively affects all members in our association, therefore we ask that all members apply the following ethics to their business:
- Be a credit to the industry by implementing good business principles which will protect the public against fraud and unfair practices.
- Provide written contracts to clients to establish an understanding of all charges, services, products and performance expectations.
- Safeguard all privileged information about clients in a confidential manner.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities to assure the company’s ability to continue to do business and honor contracts.
- Abide by all government regulations and laws so as to favorably represent WPACO.
- Strive for excellence in their field by continually improving their knowledge base and be willing to share that proficiency with other WPACO Members.
- Give credit where credit is due; and will not plagiarize another’s work.
- Recognize individual boundaries of competence and be forthcoming and truthful about professional experience and qualifications.
- If engaging in the practices of commissions and referral fees, exercise the utmost integrity, put the client’s interest first and foremost.
- Show consideration for other professionals by extending the utmost level of kindness, regard and cooperation.
- Treat employees with esteem and fairness, advocating conditions of employment that will safeguard their rights and welfare.
- Respect all people regardless of race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, or age.
- Adopt the Standards of Performance of the association which will result in consistently meeting expectations of clients, collaborators and referral sources.
- When in doubt, following these guidelines will empower WPACO Members to make effective decisions with greater confidence.